Hope Has Come | Advent Study
When we consider the birth of Christ, we might tend to forget the impact of His arrival. By looking at an old tradition in a new way, this study will help us rediscover the wonder of Christ’s salvation. It will lead us to praise Jesus for giving us hope, peace, joy, and love in Him. Advent is a season of celebrating the coming of our Savior and preparing our hearts in anticipation of His return.
This four-week study follows the Advent calendar and walks readers through the Advent candle lighting tradition. The four candles represent themes displayed in the first coming of Jesus Christ: hope, peace, joy, and love. Each week focuses on a candle and uses passages from Scripture to show how Jesus fulfilled each theme through His saving work.
Hope Has Come | Advent Study equips believers to:
- Share the meaning and symbolism behind the Advent candles.
- View the Advent season in light of the gospel and the fulfillment of Scripture.
- Celebrate the hope found in the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Special resources within this study:
- Step-by-step for inductive Bible study
- Graphic of the Attributes of God
- Illustration of the metanarrative of Scripture
- Explanation and meaning of the Advent candle lighting tradition
- Overview and history of the five Advent candles
Key themes: Hope, peace, love, joy
This study is perfect for individuals or groups.
- Each week contains five days of study material, including daily study questions, a weekly memory verse, and weekly reflection questions.
- Measures 8” x 10”
- Includes 124 pages
- Pair with our Hope Has Come Group Leader Kit | Guide & Videos for additional study group resources.